We like to keep things simple. Basically there are two options:
- Business Partner Services; or
- Project Based Services.
Before we go any further though…if you need a bit of confidence in who you are dealing with first, you can read more about us personally on our home page at About Us.
Keep scrolling to read up on our services…
– Business Partner Services
Retain Your HR Partner on a monthly service basis at a really reduced price from standard consultancy type fees. Your HR Partner provides services based on employee numbers, which we believe is a fair and effective way to offer our services. Only pay for the level of service that you need. Add on project services easily on a needs basis.
What does this give me?
By keeping Your HR Partner on retainer, you have priority service for your people needs. We understand that when things go wrong with people in the workplace, there is a need to act decisively and promptly. We help you manage difficult conversations, performance issues and misconduct matters. This cost effective service will also provide you with peace of mind. For a nominal fee each month you have full access to phone communication with an experienced HR Manager. Within the local Central Victorian area, face to face visits to your site are included (capped per month based on your employee numbers). If you’re outside of a 50km radius from the Bendigo CBD, there will be a standard travel charge for site visits.
Contact Your HR Partner for a full run down of our Business Partner Service. Don’t get caught short managing awkward conversations, performance or misconduct issues again!
How can I get out of this option?
We understand that running a business is a financial balance. While we know that you will benefit greatly from outsourced HR services that provide protection and value to your business, we also know that things happen and business needs change. That is why we won’t lock you in for more than 60 days at a time. With 30 days notice, you can opt out of our retainer services. We are very easy to deal with and aim to support your business needs.
– Project Based Services
This option allows you the flexibility of working with us on a needs basis. You might be very comfortable managing your day-to-day people needs, but require some support when those bigger projects come along. We are happy to jump in and support you. Projects will be quoted upfront. Projects include things such as (but are by no means limited to):
- Recruitment: Whether helping you draft a good ad and shortlist a big pile of applications right through to sitting on your interview panel with you, Your HR Partner’s recruitment experience will be invaluable to you. Don’t like sifting through applications? Send them our way and we’ll do it for you! Don’t leave recruitment to chance; a good hire is gold to your business (literally)!
- People strategy: If you need some help linking the people side of your business to the strategy side of your business, you’ve come to the right place. People can make or break your hard work. Investment in people is key to business success. Don’t make the mistake of leaving the people out of your business equation! For example, People + Process = System. How many businesses focus on processes solely, only to find that their ‘system’ breaks…? What went wrong? Probably lack of investment in the people side of the equation.
- Training: Katie can help you customise a training session for your business. Consider your people and development needs. (If there is a specialised topic we can’t cover – we’ll outsource or recommend as best we can!) Your needs are our needs.
- Development: Whether it’s a key person you’d like to grow or a team that you’d like to improve or make more cohesive, developing and coaching people is right up our alley. We don’t just do it. We enjoy it and we’re good at it!
- Business change/s: One of the critical issues facing business owners and managers is that of change. How do I meet my obligations as an employer when I make changes that affect my employees? Did you know that this is legislated and you do have an obligation? Whether it is a simple restructure or a larger change event, Your HR Partner can support you with the consultation process and communications with your staff around changes, including big change such as restructure or redundancies etc. How you manage change can make or break trust including that of your customers. Protect your business from claims against you and seek to manage change smartly and proactively.
- HR documentation / compliance: Your HR Partner can help you establish a framework for your basic HR compliance. Every business needs to be compliant with employment law, regardless of its size. Not only that, there are policies that are that are just smart to have. We know what to look for in a basic HR framework. Services include a review of your current people management practices, recommendations for policy and procedures and how to communicate these with your employees for best buy-in. Your HR Partner can also help you write solid position / job descriptions and link these with objectives and annual performance appraisals so that you can manage performance with confidence.
- YOU: If you are looking for a business partner to work with you on your own management, people skills, communication, business strategy / plan or whatever else is of value to you – Your HR Partner will support you on the journey. (You can also access this as a business retainer service over a set period.)
- …or…? Discuss your needs to see what Your HR Partner can do for you.
Projects are a great way to access the experience of HR support without recruiting HR personnel. Projects will be commenced after formal acceptance of the provided quote and will work on a 50/50 basis; 50% payable upfront with the remainder on completion of the project. Our professional services are value for business.
What Your HR Partner doesn’t do…
We do not provide any financial or legal advice. We do not undertake payroll or book-keeping services or provide specific recommendations on pay and entitlement. Any advice on pay and entitlement will be general in nature, i.e. according to Fair Work requirements and the National Employment Standards. We can provide comment on fairness and equity if reviewing your current practices on remuneration; again, this will be more general in nature, such as looking at similar roles and level of responsibility etc. and making suggestions. You will need to access your own advice when it comes to your own legal responsibilities. Your HR Partner will recommend legal advice if and when that is deemed appropriate or necessary (i.e. outside of the realm of expertise or knowledge of Your HR Partner).